It is recommend that you stay in one of the areas listed below so that your journey to the Berkeley campus in the morning will be easy and hassle free.
Since the TMRC conference is happning in busy summer season, we recommend to book hotel rooms early. Hotel Durant will give a modest discount to TMRC 2014 early reservations. A direct link to the special rate room reservation is given below.
Berkeley Downtown Area
- Hotel Durant Berkeley - Online booking
2600 Durant Ave, Berkeley, CA
Reservation code: TMRC 2014 Meeting, August 10-August 13, 201
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza
2086 Allston Way, Berkeley,CA
- Double Tree Hotel
200 Marina Blvd., Berkeley, CA
This hotel is located at Berkeley Marina, about 3.0 miles away. It has its own complementary shuttle service that runs every hour from hotel to Oxford st. at University Ave. and back to the hotel from campus.
San Francisco Downtown area
- Hyatt Regency hotel
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA
- Hilton hotel
333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA
From (Steve Sugarman's Boalt Hall Dining Guide)
- Bar Cesar -- 1515 Shattuck, Berkeley (883-0222) Very animated tapas and bar scene. Lots of fun. Noisy.
- Belli Osteria -- 2016 Shattuck Ave Berkeley (704-1902). Terrific newer restaurant in downtown Berkeley. Varied, delicious, beautifully presented pasta dishes; very tasty wines served in charming glassware; splendid sweets and salads; not too noisy.
- Build -- 2286 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley (898-1839) Sit at the bar, build your own tasty pizza.
- Cha Am Thai -- 1543 Shattuck, Berkeley (848-9664) Good Thai, but disappointing to some.
- Chez Panisse -- 1517 Shattuck (Cedar), Berkeley (548-5049) Chez Panisse's regular restaurant downstairs is marvelous, but it has long become a "destination" place where we rarely eat anymore. Upstairs in the cafe remains a local favorite.
- Comal -- 2020 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley (926-6300) Very attractive, hard to reserve, good enough Mexican food.
- Corso Trattoria -- 1786 Shattuck, Berkeley (704-8004). Authentic Florentine food. Very tasty. Nice wines. Noisy.
- Gather -- 2150 Alston Way (in the David Brower Center) 809-0400. A somewhat confused menu, but some nice items in an attractive setting.
- Great China -- 2190 Bancroft Way (Oxford), Berkeley (843-7996). Re-opened in a new locale (after a fire), Great China is an immediate hit. Long lines reported already. The old place was great.
- Gregoire -- 2109 Cedar (Shattuck), Berkeley (883-1893). Take way (or two outside tables) of terrific french-inspired snack food at lunch; also dinner take-away.
- Ippuku -- 2130 Center St, Berkeley (665-1969) Marvelous and unusual Japanese food in charming (and different) setting. Special alcoholic drinks too.
- Joshu-Ya Brasserie -- 2441 Dwight Way, Berkeley (848-5260) Friendly Japanese near campus.
- Kirala -- 2100 Ward (Shattuck), Berkeley (549-3486). Some call this the best Japanese restaurant outside of Japan (not me). Long lines all the time.
- La Note -- 2377 Shattuck, Downtown Berkeley (843-1535) Charming outdoor back garden. Tasty lunches.
- Liaison -- 1849 Shattuck (Hearst) Berkeley (849-2155). Another pleasing option near campus. Bistro food in a nice setting.
- Pathos -- 2430 Shattuck Ave (Channing), Berkeley (981-8339). Terrific new Greek place; excellent appetizers, good looking space, friendly service.
- Plearn Thai -- 2050 University, Berkeley (841-2148) Good Thai.
- Revival -- 2102 Shattuck, Berkeley (549-9950). Attractive. Good food. Good before the movie or theator OR try eating at 8 or later when it is likely to be calmer.
- Sliver -- 2132 Center, Berkeley (356-4044) More tasty pizza, still untried by us.
- Venus -- 2327 Shattuck Avenue (near Durant), Downtown Berkeley, (540-5950) Nice enough for a quick, simple meal before the movies or theater or for lunch.
Berkeley City map
TMRC 2014 main
TMRC 2014 is co-sponsored by: