The 31st Magnetic Recording Conference (TMRC 2020) will be held VIRTUALLY from August 17-20, 2020.
Organizers regret the inevitable impact on direct communication between conference participants. Every effort is being made to compensate for the missing face-to-face component by leveraging state-of-the-art online conferencing technology and best practices.
Registration for the virtual conference is now open! Click here for more information.
The digest book can be downloaded here.
The conference survey can be found here.
The focus of TMRC 2020 is Solid State Magnetic Memory and Recording Technologies for >3 Tbits/in2. Approximately 36 invited papers of the highest quality will be presented orally at the conference. What used to be the poster session will now be a contributed session to be presented in standard oral format. Presenters can choose either pre-recorded or real-time videoconferencing presentation. Presenters of both invited and contributed talks at TMRC 2020 are strongly encouraged to submit a paper for consideration for publication in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics.
The topics of interest include:
• Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR System, Head/Media and HDI)
• Microwave-Assisted Magnetic Recording (MAMR)
• Alternative Magnetic Recording Technologies (SMR, TDMR, HIMR, Heated-dot, Tape, All Optical Switching)
• Advanced Magnetic Recording for > 3 Tbits/in2 including Readers, Writers, Servo, Tribology, HDI, Signal Processing
• Spin Transfer Torque-Magnetic Random Access Memory (MTJ cell, MRAM chip, manufacturing and roadmap)
• MRAM & Magnetic Logic – New Physics & Materials (MRAM architecture, VC-MRAM, SOT-MRAM, TI & 2D materials)
• Fundamentals (Metrology, Tooling, Materials, Recording Physics)
Conference Policies Regarding Photography And Screen Captures For TMRC 2020
Attendance at, or participation in, any IEEE conference constitutes consent to the use and distribution by IEEE of the attendee’s image or voice for informational, publicity, promotional and/or reporting purposes in print or electronic communications media.
Video recording by participants and other attendees during any portion of the conference is not allowed without special prior written permission of IEEE.
Photographs of copyrighted PowerPoint or other slides are for personal use only and are not to be reproduced or distributed. Do not photograph any such images that are labeled as confidential and/or proprietary.
Disclaimer: TMRC and the IEEE will not be responsible/liable for improper use of copyrighted materials by participants. We ask that participants fully adhere to the IEEE Conference Policies
TMRC 2020 is sponsored by the IEEE Magnetics Society
TMRC 2020 is co-sponsored by: