The 31st Magnetic Recording Conference
August 17-20, 2020
Important Information for TMRC 2020 Attendees
TMRC 2020 Virtual Platform- TMRC 2020 will be run virtually using the Pheedloop platform: https://pheedloop.com/tmrc2020/virtual/
- Please note that the official conference registration site (TMRC 2020 Registration) is not through Pheedloop.
- All TMRC 2020 registered users will be provided credentials to sign into the Pheedloop virtual event platform. This will be done via the email provided in the registration a few days before the official start of the conference on August 17.
- Folks registering through the official conference site (TMRC 2020 Registration) once the conference has started, will be provided Pheedloop credentials on a timely basis. Unfortunately, this process is not automated so we will make every effort to frequently monitor the registration status and issue Pheedloop log-in credentials throughout the development of the conference.
- Once registered for the conference, should you need assistance for accessing the Pheedloop virtual site for TMRC 2020, please contact Siddhesh Sakhalkar (email@example.com) or Amin Ghafari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Pheedloop platform works seamlessly with Zoom video conferencing. Speakers will deliver their presentations using Zoom. Regular attendees will not receive a separate Zoom meeting invite. The Pheedloop virtual site will have a portal for each of the live sessions available within the platform.
- Session will consist mostly of live presentations by both the invited and contributed speakers moderated by Session Chairs.
- Please refer to the conference program (TMRC 2020 Program) for date and time of each live session and additional program details
- Past TMRC conferences have not run parallel sessions. We are making an exception this time because of the virtual character of the event to accommodate participants around the globe and there will be sessions running in parallel.
- To facilitate the viewing of talks for those not able to attend the live sessions, pre-recorded talks will also be available throughout the conference for viewing on-demand.
- What were posters in previous TMRC events, are now called “Contributed Talks” on the program. These talks are 15 min in length instead of the typical 25 min for Invited talks and will be delivered on August 20, the last day of the conference.
- Q&A can be carried out by asking questions using the chat feature in the virtual site and the Session Chair can read the questions aloud for everyone's benefit.
We will open the access to the conference virtual site (TMRC 2020 Virtual) three days ahead of the official start time and will keep it active for at least three weeks afterwards. Participants will have access to all the pre-recorded talks and additional conference content.
TMRC 2020 is sponsored by the IEEE Magnetics Society
TMRC 2020 is co-sponsored by: